The Virginia West Virginia Chapter of the International Interior Design Association will gather on Thursday, March 22 at 5:30pm. Members and guests will tour 3north’s offices in the Corrugated Box Building designed by principal, Sandy Bond. The building is unique in Richmond with…
It’s time for another Wine Dinner, and this time we’re breaking bad on Portugal! Our old pal Don Carlstrom from JW Seig Wines is bringing the goods and Charlie and I will be making a mockery of the venerable cuisine of southwestern Europe. The menu goes something like this: *Cape Roca Fisherman Liboa White-Fresh Rappahanock River Oysters with Pulled Pork & Cilantro *Quinta do Quetzal White-Olive & Tomato simmered Chicken with Preserved Lemon *Rapariga da Quinta Red-Idiazabal Cheese with Olli Salami and Clever Condiments *Vinha Paz Reserva-Pork Shoulder and Potatoes with House Smoked Bluefish *Madeira (not Port!)-Bluecheesecake with Dried Fruit Compote Sunday, March 18, 6:30 PM Camens Dogtown Market 201 W. 7th Street, Downtown Manchester $45 per person RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
With the number of interesting projects we’ve had the pleasure of working on, we are a bit behind on announcing recent news from our team:
- Damon Pearson, AIA, has joined the firm. Actually, Damon has rejoined 3north, as he worked with us at our original Lombardy Street office from 2001-2004. Prior to joining 3north, Damon was an owner of Tektonics Design Group. In addition, Damon has taught at Virginia Commonwealth University in the School of Interior Design and has worked at Michael Graves & Associates in Princeton, NJ and William McDonough + Partners, Charlottesville. He currently is Co-Chair of the JRGBC GreenSpaces Design Competition Committee and volunteers at Storefront for Community Design. Damon graduated from Princeton with a Masters in Architecture and the University of Virginia with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture. Damon is Co-Chair of the JRGBC GreenSpaces Design Competition Committee and volunteers at Storefront for Community Design.
- Erin Webb, Associate AIA LEED AP BD+C has been promoted to Associate. Erin has been at 3north for 4 years and graduated cum laude with a Bachelors degree in Architecture from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. She currently serves on the AIA Richmond Board of Directors and it’s YAiF Committee.
- Morrigan Smith has been promoted to Director. Morrigan joined 3north over five years ago and received her Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Virginia Commonwealth University. Morrigan is pursuing a second Bachelor of Science in Economics from VCU and is studying for the CPA examination.
- Jill Nolt, AIA , LEED Green Associate has been promoted to Director. Jill joined 3north over seven years ago. She previously worked at SMBW Architects in Richmond and Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects in Charlottesville. Jill received her Master of Architecture and Master of Landscape Architecture at the University of Virginia. Jill is past chair of Richmond Women in Design. She serves on the City of Richmond Urban Design Committee and volunteers at Storefront for Community Design.
- Scott Ukrop has been named a Principal in 3north as Director of Communications. In this role, Scott oversees client advocacy, marketing and business development. Scott joined 3north in 2010 and prior to that had worked closely with the firm through its affiliated company, Grace Street. Scott holds a Bachelor in Business Administration from the College of William and Mary and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Virginia. Scott currently serves on the boards of The Healing Place, The Monroe Park Conservancy and Historic Richmond Foundation.
Another “Hard Hat Tour” hosted by the Young Architects and Interns Forum For the Richmond AIA.
WHAT: Hard Hat Tour of the Reynolds Office Building
A multi-tenant Class A Medical Office Building is being constructed for Reynolds Development. The main exterior facade materials will be composite metal panels, glass, curtain wall assembly with glass and spandrel panel aluminum windows. Canopies and window accent panels will be composite metal panels to match.
WHERE: The project is across the street from the SOM designed Altria headquarters and adjacent to 6641 West Broad Street
WHEN: January 12, 4:00- 5:30
WHY: To get 1 IDP credit hour in construction administration and 1 AIA CEU
RSVP: To email@example.com by January 10
Event attendees are required to wear hard hats, safety goggles and closed toe shoes.
Special thanks to 3north associate, Erin Webb, for representing 3north through her work with the YAiF.
Dean Joseph Seipel, VCU School of Arts & Institute for Contemporary Art, presents From “Capital of the Confederacy” to “Capital of Creativity”
Virginia Commonwealth University Institute for Contemporary Art will be a game-changer for Richmond, the region and beyond. C3 attendees will get a sneak peek at VCU’s contemporary art and design museum planned for the corner of Broad and Belvidere streets. The building was designed by world-renowned architect Steven Holl. Dean Joseph Seipel will discuss his vision for the inventive mix of interdisciplinary shows as well as major international touring exhibitions to be presented at Virginia Commonwealth University’s Institute for Contemporary Art . He’ll also share his vision to help transform the region‘s image from “Capital of the Confederacy” to “Capital of Creativity.”
Tuesday, January 10, 7:30 am at The Corrugated Box Building.
More info, registration here.
Happy Holidays from Corrugated Box Building with news from Camden’s Dogtown Market. #rvadine
Another year, another successful cookie exchange at Corrugated Box. Sugar in moderation.
Corrugated Box Holiday Tradition: Cookie Party this Monday, 4pm. Demonstrate your creativity through your baked goods. @RVAcreates